Commercial photography can be of any subject. It falls into categories such as architecture photography, product photography, corporate portraits, adverting photography and work place photography.
- The subject matter to be photographed.
- Number of subjects to be photographed.
- Location of the photo shoot. (possibly a site tour)
- Proposed end use of the images and what outcome needs to be achieved.
- Physical and time factors concerned with the photography job.
- Required delivery time.
Other factors effecting the quote are:
- Image processing time, which can vary considerably, depending on the subject being photographed.
- Air fare, accommodation and other travel expenses. (If necessary to include, are always at cost price)
Generally, commercial photography is charged out at an hourly rate.
A long day rate is charged for photography assignments which are over eight hours/ day, or for interstate photographic assignments.
Paul Redding – Commercial Photographer Hobart Tasmania